Saturday 26 July 2014

Review - Animal UV Swim Shirts from The Beach Factory

Being fair skinned myself I am very careful with both my girls in the sun. Usually they are smothered in sun cream (making them even whiter than they normally are!) but at least I know they are protected.
 
Before going on holiday this year, I was searching for something suitable for the girls to wear...we were off to Majorca so I knew it would definitely be hotter than here! Not hard, to be honest!
I stumbled across The Beach Factory which stock a large range of UV shirts, sun suits and hats.  They offer a wide range for kids and even adults too - I'd definitely consider a sun shirt for me in time for next year's holiday, as my shoulders, back and chest always end up a little pink despite me smothering myself in cream!
 
I was lucky enough to receive these Animal UV shirts for my girls (currently on sale for £14.95, normally £18) and matching sun hats (normally £13, now £9.95) to review.
 
 
I used to think that as tops like this provided such good coverage, that they would be heavy.  These are certainly lightweight but still give confidence that your little one is protected.
They have long sleeves and a high funnel neck, giving as much coverage as possible. There is a handy zip at the back meaning they are easy to slip on and off especially when wet.
When we deviated away from the pool for snacks or drinks, we tended to put the girls in a dry cover up. As a result, these tops tended to be left on the sun loungers for half an hour or so to dry in the sun.  Due to the lightweight fabric,  they dried really quickly.
 
The hats are made from a thick cotton and have a wide brim...ideal for keeping sun off your little one's necks.
The designs on these are really funky and coordinated well with the tops...the only problem I had was the girls choosing which one they wanted to wear!
 
Overall, these were a great addition to our suitcase and definitely a summer essential.
I'm hoping the girls don't grow too much so we can dig them out again for our next sunny getaway!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment